Re: Debian on RAID0 with Wheezy

Small update.

I have installed a 3rd drive to try another option. All 3 exactly the
same, 3 x 2TB.

1st drive in standard mode
Drives 2 and 3 in RAID0, splitted in 2 x 2TB folders

Installation is going weel, GRUB installed on the first disk. While
it's installating, from alt-f2 I looked at the dev folder and I'm able
to see the Volume0px files.

After restart. grub is staring correctly, but it's not able to mount
the RAID drives, and from the shell I now see only:
# ll /dev/mapper/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root       80 fév 10 15:57 .
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root     3,4K fév 10 16:00 ..
crw------T  1 root root  10, 236 fév 10 15:57 control
brw-rw----  1 root disk 254,   0 fév 10 15:57 isw_bchjifacf_Volume0

The Volume0px files are not there anymore.

But parted can see still them:
# parted /dev/mapper/isw_bchjifacf_Volume0
GNU Parted 2.3
Using /dev/mapper/isw_bchjifacf_Volume0
Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.
(parted) print
Model: Linux device-mapper (striped) (dm)
Disk /dev/mapper/isw_bchjifacf_Volume0: 4001GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name  Flags
 1      262kB   2000GB  2000GB  ext4
 2      2000GB  4001GB  2001GB  ext4

(parted)

# lsmod | grep raid
is not returning anything. So I tried to activate some of them.

So trying to activate some mods just in case:
# modprobe raid0
# modprobe dm-raid

But still nothing in the mapper directory...
# ls /dev/mapper/
control  isw_bchjifacf_Volume0

I will try to remove everything again from the RAID and created it
back from scrach with gparted... But the goal is to be able to boot
from it...