Re: OT - Convert output of byte count to GB count?

Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Hallo,
> * Bob Proulx [Sat, Feb 09 2013, 11:44:03AM]:
> > You say "tomato", I say "tomahto".  You can make your own divider the
> > number 34,969[1] if you like.
>
> Wow, someone trying to disguise the own mistaken convention as pure
> matter of preference?
>
> > For me I prefer binary powers of two when using it in relation to
> > computer tasks.
>
> You can prefer whatever you want but the means of reliable communication
> are unambiguous terms. EOD.
>
> Some dudes in nineteen-seventies didn't get it and another generation of
> dudes is still trying to protect those "values" even perfectly knowing
> they are wrong.

Wow.  My response pulled you in to post on debian-user!  It has been a
while.  Good to see you here.

For anyone who gets upset by the topic I will only offer this
following treatise as highly recommended reading.

  On Holy Wars and a Plea for Peace
  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/ien/ien137.txt

Bob