Re: No aptitude download.

On Sun, February 10, 2013 1:51 am, Weaver wrote:

> On Sat, February 9, 2013 8:44 pm, Chris Bannister wrote:
>> On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 04:58:48AM -0800, Weaver wrote:
>>>
>>> I now have the original number of packages reinstalled and only 35845
>>> new
>>> packages to look through to find out what I am missing.
>>>
>>> I think I'll just call it a night.
>>
>> What is the output from apt-get update, and apt-get upgrade, wrap it in
>> typescript if you want, but please include all info.
>>
>> plus:
>> cat /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>> and
>> ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/
>
> Hello Chris,
>
> The situation seems to have rectified itself.
>
> I remember it happening before, about six months or so ago.
>
> It's almost as if a change in distribution has snuck up on me unawares.
> The vast majority of "installed packages" gets dumped into "Obsolete and
> Locally Created Packages".
>
> I hang on patiently for a couple of days and the situation rights itself.
> I just thoughtn I would write in about it this time.
>
> I'll see if there's anything in the logs and get back, but, as I say, the
> situation has righted itself.

No. Nothing I could see.
I suspect a multi-function disfunction with a broken motherboard supplying
the inability to connect intermittently, but have no explanation for the
rest.

Building a new 64 bit box now.
Just waiting for the RAM.

If it happens again, I'll be on top of it with some variable removed.