Re: No aptitude download.

On Sat, February 9, 2013 8:44 pm, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 04:58:48AM -0800, Weaver wrote:
>>
>> I now have the original number of packages reinstalled and only 35845
>> new
>> packages to look through to find out what I am missing.
>>
>> I think I'll just call it a night.
>
> What is the output from apt-get update, and apt-get upgrade, wrap it in
> typescript if you want, but please include all info.
>
> plus:
> cat /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> and
> ls -al /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Hello Chris,

The situation seems to have rectified itself.

I remember it happening before, about six months or so ago.

It's almost as if a change in distribution has snuck up on me unawares.
The vast majority of "installed packages" gets dumped into "Obsolete and
Locally Created Packages".

I hang on patiently for a couple of days and the situation rights itself.
I just thoughtn I would write in about it this time.

I'll see if there's anything in the logs and get back, but, as I say, the
situation has righted itself.
Kind regards,

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515