Re: VFAT device mounted with wrong timestamps. WAS: Incorrect timestamps after files copied to Debian Squeeze.

Juan R. de Silva wrote:
> 1. I'm quite confused with the Debian Bug Tracking System. E.g. the bug
> report above - I see the report itself but there is no information about
> the bug status. Was it fixed, is it going to be fixed, or anything
> similar. Where can I find this?

The bug was filed 12 Apr 2010 and is still open.  The package
maintainer has made no comment concerning it.  It is open.  It is not
resolved.  Basically nothing of any sort is happening.

Usually what I would do first in this case is to file an additional
report to the bug log that the bug is still active, still causing
problems, and updating it with any additional information that you are
seeing.  That will cause the maintainer to get an email message about
it and in most cases will wake them up and perhaps shake out a
response.  If it continues to go unanswered this adds additional
weight to further action.

That package has 33 open unresolved bugs marked as severity important.
Most of them for a very long time.  Most of them without any response.
That is a strong indication that the package maintainer isn't
maintaining the package.  Without saying anything bad about a friend
let me confide that that particular maintainer is often unresponsive
concerning packages he maintains.

If someone understood what needed to be done it would a prime
candidate for an NMU of the package.

Please read this documentation concerning the NMU process.

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu

If you were motivated then perhaps you and a Debian Developer would
get together and the DD could sponsor an upload that fixed at least
one of those 33 severity important bugs.  :-(

Bob