Re: PulseAudio--is there a viable alternative?

Le 03.02.2013 17:21, Yaro Kasear a écrit :
On 02/03/13 08:28, Carl Fink wrote:
So PulseAudio continues to be buggy to the point of infuriation.
Developers,
after years of work, have signally failed to fix it.

Is eSound still usable? Mabye ALSA? Anything?

I personally use Alsa only and remove all the pulseaudio packages that I can. Just because pulseaudio makes things very bad with jack, for example.

The big problem with this is that more and more programs tend to use pulseaudio (Gnome, Kdevelop, other kde apps, VLC, ...)