Cannot start application via link

Ok, this one I've searched like crazy for, and haven't been able to come
up with anything solid. ;-)  So hopefully someone here will have dealt
with this and can give me some pointers.

I've recently installed PlayOnLinux (which personally, I think is a
really neat tool) on my squeeze system.  I run Chrome as my browser.
When I browse to the PlayOnLinux website and click on a link which has
playonlinux://{blah} as its destination, Chrome pops up a window asking
about launching the xdg-open application to handle the link type.  So
far, so good.  But then nothing happens.  So I restarted Chrome from a
terminal window so I can see any error messages that come up.  Sure
enough, I see:

> <unknown program name>(23000)/ ClientApp::doIt: Creating ClientApp
> kioclient(23000) ClientApp::kde_open: KUrl("playonlinux://www.playonlinux.com/repository/download.php?id=1555")
> kioclient(23000)/kio (KRun): #### NO SUPPORT FOR READING!

Any ideas what's causing this, and how to fix it?  It's not a big thing;
not going to kill me if I can't get it running.  But if there's a (semi)
easy fix for it, I'd sure like to know what it is. :-)

Thanks!

                 --Dave