Re: Local copy of ALL man pages

On 01/09/2013 03:06 PM, Brian wrote:
On Wed 09 Jan 2013 at 14:07:12 -0500, Doug wrote:

On 01/08/2013 11:48 PM, Greg Madden wrote:
On Saturday 05 January 2013 08:19:31 you wrote:
When I've wanted to look at a man page for an uninstalled
package I've used http://manpages.debian.net .
It would more convenient to have *ALL* pages available locally.

Are they available to download as a set somewhere on the
web? [I use squeeze.]

I have copied all the .deb files from the 8 DVD install set
to a USB drive.  How could I extract all the man pages?

TIA
Check out 'dwww'

At one time there was a big fat book called "The Linux Bible" that
had all the man pages that existed then.  I don't know if it still
exists, but you might look for that.
You'll be glad to know the usual search methods show it does exist. What
do you recommend? He purchases it and scans it onto his machine?

Why scan it in--just open it and read it.   --doug