Re: Local copy of ALL man pages

On 01/08/2013 11:48 PM, Greg Madden wrote:
On Saturday 05 January 2013 08:19:31 you wrote:
When I've wanted to look at a man page for an uninstalled
package I've used http://manpages.debian.net .
It would more convenient to have *ALL* pages available locally.

Are they available to download as a set somewhere on the
web? [I use squeeze.]

I have copied all the .deb files from the 8 DVD install set
to a USB drive.  How could I extract all the man pages?

TIA
Check out 'dwww'

At one time there was a big fat book called "The Linux Bible" that
had all the man pages that existed then.  I don't know if it still
exists, but you might look for that.

--doug