RE: upgrade squeeze -> wheezy (issues)

On 8 January 2013 08:35, Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're welcome. I hope that the upgrade'll now work...

Ok! After reading some (too much for my taste) material, I came up
with this procedure that some sites more or less explained and make
senses:

First, downloaded the new NVIDIA.bin driver.
Now:
$su
# mv sources.list sources.list.squeeze
# mv sources.list.wheezy sources.list
# apt-get update
# apt-get upgrade
# apt-get install linux-image
# apt-get install udev
# update-grub2
# reboot

The system booted on console, because of video driver. Good. After
all, we want dist-upgrade on console.
# apt-get dist-upgrade
# apt-get -f install
# apt-get upgrade
# apt-get autoremove
# reboot

Again, console. Now
# ./NVIDIA-blabla.bin
# reboot

KDE is up an running. No "amarok" though.
# apt-get update
# apt-get install amarok
# apt-get upgrade

After more 114 packages upgraded, and amarok ok, the system is just fine.

The only think I needed was to put my off-board sound card as priority
on KMIX settings again. But amarok was playing on both cards (on-board
and off-board).

I yet have to test kaffeine and encripted DVD.

Something I immediately noticed: my wireless signal strength became excellent.

Thanks!

Beco.

PS. Some packages was kept behind. I'll post the list of packages soon.

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"My psychiatrist told me I was crazy. I told him I wanted a second
opinion. He told me that I was also ugly."