Re: Where does $MAIL get set?

Igor Cicimov grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM, David Guntner <davidg@akamail.net> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know where the $MAIL environment variable get set when a
>> user logs in?  It's not in the ~/.profile or ~/.bashrc files that get
>> put in when the account is created.  I'm not sure where to look....
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> /etc/profile

That's where I figured it would be.  It ain't there. :-)  I've searched
in the places I would expect to find it and several others that seemed
like they'd be worth a shot (/etc/bash.bashrc, /etc/bash_completion,
/etc/bash_completion.d, /etc/profile.d and of course, /etc/profile).
Scored a big zero for my efforts.

Is there somewhere else that it's likely to be hiding?

            --Dave