Re: Running jackd.

On 01/06/2013 09:49 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
Sthu,

This bug report doesn't directly apply to your issue, but it does
contain some useful troubleshooting steps.

I thought it was particularly interesting that an HDMI-capable video
card could be detected as an audio device and possibly "intercept" your
jackd command.

-Rob

I come to this thread late, so maybe you already know about this:

GeForce GTX 550Ti has an NVidia basis, and outputs normal video to
a monitor, but also has a sound decoder which sends sound along
with video to its built-in HDMI port. Unfortunately, I have never been
able to get sound from  *both* the mobo sound decoder and the
NVidia card at the same time, so as to have sound at the computer
location and at the TV set in another room.

(Running PCLOS-32, latest revs.)

--doug