Re: live server monitoring graphs

Dne, 04. 01. 2013 14:26:27 je Muhammad Yousuf Khan napisal(a):

I have 6 core Linux server and all of them are X terminal no Desktop
is installed on our server. as per my finding with GKrellM it is a
desktop application. i have no problem with one desktop machine. i
think i can manage one machine with wide monitor 22 inch"

so what i was asking. can i install one Debian machine with with
Desktop environment only for viewing GKrellM output but on the other
hand on all X terminals i could install a client module of GKrellM
just for collecting information and throwing it to the server.

is that possible?

Thanks.

Perhaps conky suits your needs better than gkrellm. Conky can gather all the data you require and can run in headless mode, e.g. over ssh. In addition, it doesn't need a desktop environment. You just ssh into your server and launch the non-gui version of conky. There is no conky "server" module, you just have to install the conky client on each of your servers.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.