Re: Installation

Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> writes:

> You do not cite any sources for your various assertions, and I believe
> you are incorrect as a matter of US law.

American law doesn't apply here.  Letting that aside: What is a copy?
When you duplicate software, you get an identical duplicate which is
indistinguishable from other duplicates of the same software.

It's the same when archiving bills, for example.  They seem to have come
up with some law in Germany that requires you to store "the original"
document --- which is bullshit because you can duplicate the document as
many times as you want, and there isn't such a thing as an "original"
anymore.  (Got a new storage system/media and copied the data over?  Had
to recover from a backup?  Defragmented the file system?  Bad luck,
because thinking in these terms means you violate the law when you do
that because you don't have "the original" anymore ...)  I don't know
what became of it and how people are supposed to deal with an impossible
requirement like that.

--
Debian testing amd64