Re: Installation

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> Your arguments fit perfect as a demostration of my key point that an OS
> installation is neither a money nor "I-want-a-bigger-room" related
> problem but a user attitude.

Still I don't understand what you are trying to say.

> I wonder what would you do should you have to live the 365 days of the
> year with no Internet connection (like many newbie linux -Debian- users
> in the world do) or simply with a dial-up line from where to send/receive
> e-mails no larger that 3 MiB and no web browsing at all.
>
> This people can tell you what are *real* limitations yet still they are
> interested in having Debian systems installed, up and running. That's an
> enviable attitude.

What does this have to do with attitude?  These people have heard about
something and decided that they want it.  I've heard a report on the
radio quite a while ago about women in Africa who prostitute themselves
because that way, they can get a cell phone.  IIRC, it wasn't mentioned
in the report whether they have internet connections or emails or not.
These women might be able to tell you what real limitations are, yet
they are still interested in having working cell phones.  Is that an
enviable attitude?

Is being interested or wanting something an enviable attitude?  Is it an
attitude?  An attitude can be seen as "a psychological tendency that is
expressed by evaluating a particular entity with some degree of favor or
disfavor"[1] and seeing it like this "allows for one's evaluation of an
attitude object to vary from extremely negative to extremely positive,
but also admits that people can also be conflicted or ambivalent toward
an object meaning that they might at different times express both
positive and negative attitude toward the same object."[1]

So sometimes someone may like or dislike installing an OS or be
ambiguous about doing so.  Still some people do and some people don't
install an OS.

[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attitude_(psychology)

--
Debian testing amd64