Re: Storage server

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:20:55PM +0200, Veljko wrote:
> Can you please explain what design flaw is that? Isn't directory with
> complete backup (but not occupying that much space due to hard links
> usage) very usable for backup? If slow work can be avoided by the use of
> XFS, what would be wrong about rsnapshot?

Read my prior posts about it in this thread. It's fine for backup, the problem
is when you try to remove old snapshots, or perform a restore, or otherwise
manipulate the backup trees.

By comparison with a CPU-intensive program. It doesn't matter how fast your
CPU is, if your program is doing a busy-wait. It will consume 100% of whatever
CPU you throw at it. Program design is important.