Re: Storage server

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 05:44:46PM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Which is why I recommend XFS.  It is exceptionally fast at traversing large
> btrees.  You'll need the 3.2 bpo kernel for Squeeze.  The old as dirt 2.6.32
> kernel doesn't contain any of the recent (last 3 years) metadata
> optimizations.

Yes. You are becoming a bit of a broken record on that front :)

I have not performed any such timings but I am willing to believe you that
XFS will be faster.  I'd still not recommend rsnapshot, because faster merely
mitigates the big design flaw, it does not remove it, and rdiff-backup is
virtually a drop-in replacement.