Re: Installation

"Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net> writes:

> There is a stage where the installer asks for contrib and non-free apt
> list inclusions.
> It would probably be  best to incorporate this as a default in a newbie
> install.
> Perhaps a note to explain this could be incorporated - 'If you are new to
> open source free software, we recommend that you accept this option'- or
> something along those lines might be appropriate.

Or it might not be appropriate because someone installs Debian because
they want free software.

This is an example of how to keep users stupid. Instead, point them to
resources discussing the issue and perhaps make it no more difficult
than pressing Enter for a web browser to show up so they can read about
it and maybe then use their favourite search engine to find out more.

Besides, what is "open source free software"? That's a question a
clueless and an even not-so-clueless user might have.

--
Debian testing amd64