Re: Installation

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:20:30 +0200, lee wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 18:04:00 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>
>>> Linux on desktop has gone a long way. And I think it is still on a
>>> journey.
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> This is usually a delusion: is not that windows or linux is more or
>> less easy (now or then) but how many people in your circle can
>> solve/cope a problem with your system.
>
> Nobody --- and that probably isn't going to change.

For Windows, yes, it's plenty of people. For Linux you can spend the
whole day finding them that you'll find... one in miles away? :-)

>> Just run a simple experiment: knock at your neighbors' door and tell
>> them you have a problem with your Internet Explorer; there's a high
>> chance that someone can help.
>
> There's no chance they could help. Neither any useful documentation, nor
> the source code are available, so if it doesn't work, reboot, and if it
> still doesn't work, re-install. That's all the options you have.

I don't know what planet you are from, but here in the Earth, a planet of
the Milky Way galaxy (just to help for localization purposes though this
theory is being discussed as some think it could come from Sagittarius :-
P) you don't even need something like a manual or documentation for
solving a Windows related issue. Even your little brother (aged 6) can do
it :-)

Remember: Windows is a toy, MacOS is a dungeon and Linux is an attitude.

>> Now do the same but tell them you have a problem with Konqueror. They
>> will close the door in our nose and say something like "The guy on
>> third floor is saying foolishness" :-)
>
> They would ask what konqueror is and tell you to reboot or to
> re-install. That's not a significant difference.

Ha! People can't even spell "konqueror" correctly, do you expect they
will know what the hell is "that"?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón