Re: [OT] How to redirect input/output to another console?

On 9/8/12 4:58 PM, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
[snip]
> She is also capable working in the shell (but still not very experienced with
> it), and so I am looking for a way, that
> - either she can see, what I am doing in my shell
> - I can see her shell
> - or best, we can both work in ONE shell
[snip]

How did it go for you?

As a follow-up, here are the ways to do it with tmux, since it does not
need SUID.

A) If the same account is going to be sharing the session, then it's
rather easy.  In the first terminal, start tmux where 'shared' is the
session name:

  tmux new-session -s shared

Then in the second terminal:

  tmux attach-session -t shared

B) For different users, you have to set the permissions on the tmux
socket so that both users can read and write it.

In the first terminal, start tmux where 'shared' is the session name and
'shareds' is the name of the socket:

  tmux -S /tmp/shareds new -s shared

Then chgrp the socket (/tmp/shareds) to a group that both users share in
common.

In the second terminal attach using that socket and session

  tmux -S /tmp/shareds attach -t shared

Regards,
/Lars