Re: Installation

On Sun, September 9, 2012 5:18 am, lee wrote:
> "Weaver" <weaver@riseup.net> writes:
>
>> But we are talking about Debian.
>> Specifically partitioning/file system decision making during install.
>
> When else would you make such a decision if not before starting the
> installation? You can't install software without a place to put it.

You are quoting out of context.
The post I was replying to was talking about other operating systems.
He didn't specify which ones, but it was obvious that they weren't Debian,
when it is the Debian install process which is under discussion.

I am not saying that these decisions shouldn't be made, either.
What I am saying there needs advisory material placed into the
installation process so that newbies can make INFORMED decisions and
remove the disorientation factor that brings about rejection.
Regards,

Weaver.
--
"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al
Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a