Re: the ghost of UEFI and Micr0$0ft

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 06:20:12PM -0700, Weaver wrote:
> After all this time, he still doesn't understand that the free/open source
> software movement works for itself.

He has a bit of an axe to grind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Letter_to_Hobbyists
http://www.digibarn.com/collections/newsletters/homebrew/V2_01/gatesletter.html

And yet:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_did_Bill_Gates_steal_DOS_from
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/larryosterman/archive/2005/06/24/432386.aspx

    'My favorite Gary Kildall quote on the issue:
    "Ask Bill [Gates] why the string in function 9 is terminated by a
    dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer, only I know that." '

oppressing." --- Malcolm X