Re: [solved] Re: Web browser gets slow and blocks the system

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:18:09 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> On Sun, 27 May 2012 10:28:27 +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

(...)

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Having swap can help but in your case, with as little as 216 MB of RAM
>> I don't know if that would be enough.
>

> Well, the cause of the problem seems to be just the absence of the swap.
>  In fact, following Camaleón's suggestions, I ran `ls -la
> /dev/disk/by-uuid' and noticed that the swap's uuid was different from
> the one in /etc/fstab.  So I edited /etc/fstab and put the right uuid,
> then rebooted and... the problem disappeared!

(...)

Glad to hear you have somehow alleviated your memory problems but
remember that when your system makes use of the swap space it usually
means that you need more physical RAM on that computer. Just keep an eye
on it ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón