Re: Subject: Re: dhclient does not recognize config file

On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:29:29 -0700, Paul Zimmerman wrote:

> Tom H <tomh0665@gmail.com> writes:
>>For the record, this works for squeeze without NM or WICD - for me.
>
>>Check how well or badly dhclient's behaving by changing "RUN=no" to
>>"RUN=yes" in "/etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/debug", restarting your
>>network (in your case, I assume that "service wicd restart" will do it
>>but I've never used WICD), and checking
>>"/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient.eth0.leases" and /tmp/dhclient-script.debug".
>
> OK, I tried activating the debug scripts. And I got some logs, but I
> don't see any mention of the prepend getting done. The leases file just
> gives details of the connections obtained. What should I be looking for?

Put the logs here or better yet, upload them to www.pastebin.com
(remember to hide/remove any sensitive data contained at the logs).

Also, as you are using WICD, it could be that there is a configuration
file that you to edit for this purpose... how about the "/etc/wicd/
dhclient.conf.template" file? What is that for? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón