Re: Can anyone please reproduce this crash in X on Sid?

Anthony Campbell:
> I am running Sid on two computers, one with Nouveau, the other with
> Radeon.
>
> In both, if I kill the process corresponding to X *from within X*,
> either the machine freezes completely (Radeon) or shuts down completely
> (Nouveau),  If I kill it from a tty terminal there is no problem.

Do you mean this process?

$ pgrep -fl X
2757 /usr/bin/Xorg :0 -br -verbose -novtswitch -auth /var/run/gdm3/auth-for-Debian-gdm-x9qErt/database -nolisten tcp vt7

$ sudo kill 2757
[sudo] password for jrspieker:

Nothing unusual happened on my system. I just had to log in again.
Graphics adapter:

jrspieker@manowar:~
(0) $ lspci  | grep VGA
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
   Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)

J.
--
If you do not move for long enough, you might see a rat.
[Agree]   [Disagree]