Can anyone please reproduce this crash in X on Sid?

I am running Sid on two computers, one with Nouveau, the other with
Radeon.

In both, if I kill the process corresponding to X *from within X*,
either the machine freezes completely (Radeon) or shuts down completely
(Nouveau),  If I kill it from a tty terminal there is no problem.

Is this something peculiar in my setup or can other people running Sid
reproduce it? It happens with several different window managers (i3,
dwm, icewm); I don't know about desktop managers.

It does not happen in Squeeze.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk