Re: Graphic problem on Debian testing installed on Dell Optiplex 960

I installed firmware-linux, firmware-linus-non-free, libdrm2 and libdrm-radeon1.
I think that radeon is starting with KMS because there is a file
called radeon-kms.conf in /etc/modprobe.d/ that contains "options
radeon modeset=1".

This fixed the problem for kernels 3.2.0-1 and 3.2.0-2.
There is however still a problem with kernel 2.6.32-5 : rectangle of
random black and white pixels disappeared but gnome login screen
doesn't work. I don't know if Debian want to fix this or not. If yes,
I would be glad to help in terms of testing.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards.
Johan