Re: Graphic problem on Debian testing installed on Dell Optiplex 960

On Thu, 3 May 2012 16:10:18 +0900, Johan wrote in message
<[🔎] CAKS5mhRBvCDoarP6WfMMdtUGupntXxc6VfZ0FEitt68CL6d=bA@mail.gmail.com>:

> I just installed ATI proprietary driver: fglrx.
> I can now access the Gnome login screen with any version of the
> kernel. I however have several problems with the multi-screen
> management through the Catalyst Control Center. I thus cannot use this
> solution permanently.
>
> However, I think that this prove that the non-proprietary ATI driver
> are here the source of my trouble.

..I disagree, I'd say it's the package's suggestion of linux-firmware
rather than depending on it.

> Does anyone knows how to fix this ?

.."aptitude install linux-firmware", you need linux-firmware-non-free,
libdrm2 and libdrm-radeon1 too, and radeon needs booting with KMS.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: