Re: Flashplayer on Debian Squeeze.

On Wednesday 02 May 2012 5:36:35 am Lisi wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> I have been trying to get Flashplayer going on my husband's computer.  When
> the advice on this list and the Debian website failed (as below), i just
> deinstalled the lot and downloaded from the Adobe site.  According to the
> site, the latest version available for Linux is 11, but I seem to have
> downloaded 10. :-(
>
> I am going spare on this.  Has anyone got any ideas?
>
> I know that I have not given much information on what I have done, since I
> had decided just to start again and download from the Adobe website.  But I
> have worked though all the recent advice on this list and also that on the
> relevant page in the Debian wiki.
>
> I would happily start again from the beginning.
>
> Thanks,
> Lisi
>
> root@Hercules:/home/peter# update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
> ERROR: wget failed to download
> http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.i386.pgp.as
>c More information might be available at:
>    http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer
> root@Hercules:/home/peter#

I add contrib & non-free to my sources.list, use a Debian mirror, from the list of
mirrors. I   Install 'flashplugin-nonfree' with a visual package manager to see
what choices I have,

Flash just works here, using Mozilla  based browses.

I watch Hulu.com, Amazons streaming service, etc. never had a problems with
anything not playing.

I do make sure that there is no other 'flash' on my system, e.g. Gnash stuff. Make
sure that the aternatives system points to the right flash plugin, just in case
some other flash was on the system previously.

--
Peace,

Greg