Re: cpu frequency management opteron lost?

On 2012-05-01, Joost Kraaijeveld <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

> Running "/etc/init.d/cpufreqd start" just reports:
> panoramix:/home/jkr# /etc/init.d/cpufreqd start
> Starting CPU Frequency daemon: cpufreqd failed!

On my machine the powernow-k8 module was not getting loaded automatically for
some reason. The cpufreq utilities don't work without it.

I put 'powernow-k8' into /etc/modules so it would get loaded at boot
time.  Have you tried loading the module manually to see if your 'puter
explodes when you do, taking with it Amsterdam and vast sections of its
suburbs?