Re: Which running apps can I safely get rid of?

Emil Payne wrote:
> Which of these can I safely get rid of and how can I prevent them
> from automatically starting?

Among other things you appear to have NFS server installed and running
and Apache web server installed and running.  Do you use your machine
as a network file server?  As a web server?  Those two seem the most
likely candidates for removal if you are trying to trim down your system.

  # apt-get remove nfs-kernel-server

  # apt-get remove apache2

  # apt-get autoremove

If the packages are removed then they will no longer start.

Bob