Re: [OT] Mails coming from "joe1assistly@gmail.com"

On Tue 01 May 2012 at 17:52:50 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Tue, 01 May 2012 18:21:47 +0100, Brian wrote:
>
> > I do not understand why Subject: is different from the
> >
> >    Re: Install a package from testing?
> >
> > in your mail at
> >
> >    http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/04/msg01825.html
> >
> > Also

> > is puzzling because this is the Message-id: for msg01825.
>
> Well, "joe1" was replying to this message:

joe1assistly, surely? You received the mail a minute afterwards because
of your posting through gmane. I imagine you will have sufficient other
examples to be able to check on a pattern.

[Snip]

> > Now for dates and times (taken from gmane) of the four posts in that
> > thread:
>
> (...)
>
> > Coincidence? I'd be looking at something happening in the interaction
> > between the poster and gmane.
>
> I can't really tell.

Classic fence-sitting. :)

> It seems that other posters who don't use Gmane are also receiving the
> messages.

Let them post the headers and bodies then. Whatever is happening at gmane
I think we can be certain the mails you got (and are still getting?) are
not from other users on this list.