Re: Supermicro SAS controller

On Tue, 01 May 2012 09:35:36 -0400, Allan Wind wrote:

> On 2012-05-01 11:53:27, Ramon Hofer wrote:
>> I'm using Debian Squeeze and would like to use a Supermicro
>> AOC-SASLP-MV8 as controller for a software raid.
>
> I have a different SuperMicro board and it can run in two different
> modes, forget their names for it, but one supports soft raid and the
> other does not (IT or something).  I needed to flash the firmware to use
> the latter, then use mdadm to configure a Linux soft array.

The supermicro support sent ma a link to a zip file which contains two
exes a bat and a bin file:
ftp://ftp.supermicro.nl/driver/SAS/Marvell/MV8/SAS1/Firmware/3.1.0.21/
Firmware_3.1.0.21.zip

It contains

6480.bin
dos4gw.exe
mvf.exe
smc.bat

smc.bat contains
mvf 6480.bin –y

So I suppose I have to create a USB stick that boots DOS and then run one
of the command. But which one. Maybe smc.bat but what is dos4gw.exe for?

Do you remember how you updated the firmware?

Best regards
Ramon