Re: [OT] Posting styles

Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 08/04/12 23:54, PMA wrote:
<snipped>

I was caught up thinking how a personal signature -- choosing in a
given instance to enter it or not -- can affect a message's import,
separately from the issue of verification.

Oh good - I couldn't get my head around it when applied to a digital
signature used to show the post had not been modified since sending, and
was sent by the person claiming to have sent it.

I sense I'm willfully misunderstood, but in any case am dropping this issue.

I have no wish to ignore the convention.  My memory's failing some.
I'll attune better to *which* posting convention (list) I find myself
in.

My bad - I'd mistaken you for someone trolling the "it's not a rule"
"let's vote on it" line :-(

That was *not* trolling.  The LilyPond list (a digital-music-scoring site)
had been debating just this top/bottom posting-style issue, and had
fielded exactly this suggestion -- a vote among the list members.  It
struck especially as potentially helpful in the thread here.  If my style
in offering it was inappropriately cavalier, I apologize for that.