Re: [OT] Posting styles

On 07/04/12 19:28, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
> On 07.04.2012 12:11, Wayne Topa wrote:
>> On 04/07/2012 04:16 AM, Mika Suomalainen wrote:
>> <---snip -- >

>> As do I,
>>>>

>>> In case you haven't noticed, there are other people who are
>>> signing messages, which are sent to mailing lists. Do you think
>>> that it would be better if people spoofed my email and sent
>>> offensive messages to the list and noone had any way to check
>>> did I really sent those messages?
>>>

>> Who would want to spoof YOUR Mail.
>
>> I have been on this list for 19 years now and do not recall anyone
>> being spoofed.

Likewise

>> From the tenor of your mails, I doubt anyone would
>> gain anything from it.

Apart from Mika... in which case he's best to not sign his posts and
claim his account was hijacked by an idiot.

> Wanting to spoof and being able to spoof are two different things.

A giraffe and a zebra are two different things also. So what?

Do you even know what spoofing is?
What makes you think a spoofed email address is going to get published
and why haven't you filed a bug report?

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-