Re: debian-faq (was ... Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude)

Am Mittwoch, 4. April 2012 schrieb Lisi:
> On Wednesday 04 April 2012 12:14:55 Scott Ferguson wrote:
> > ... since Lenny, apt-get will continue to install recommended
> > packages by default.  So I believe "has" is redundant, even though
> > it's correct.
>
> What is wrong with :
>
> Apt-get will continue to install recommended packages by default.

How long? Maybe it stops doing so tomorrow?

I am perfectly fine with "installs". Thats what it does up to do today.
Since Lenny says since then, but past tense is IMHO misleading since apt-
get still does it. Of course I can write:

apt-get has installed recommended packages since Lenny. It still installs
recommended packages in Squeeze. It is likely that it will install
recommended packages in Wheezy. And heck it might even do that in Wheezy
+1.

Now seriously, I prefer the one sentence version of it with "installs".