Re: debian-faq (was ... Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude)

On 04/04/12 20:28, Lisi wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 April 2012 10:01:47 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>>  Note that since Lenny, apt-get *installs* recommended packages by
>>     default.
>
> ...since Lenny, apt-get *has installed*......
>
> ;-)
> Lisi

Even trickier - since Lenny developers have been much more cautious
about "recommending" packages. Since Lenny SOE engineers have not had to
modify apt.conf so unnecessary and unwanted packages weren't
automatically installed as "recommended" (Sarge and Etch had problems in
that respect). So it's not just a line in apt.conf that changed with
Lenny becoming stable.

Oh, and...
... since Lenny, apt-get will continue to install recommended packages
by default.  So I believe "has" is redundant, even though it's correct.

Kind regards

answers to questions about Debian:-