Re: Unable to mount external USB devices -- Wheezy KDE

On Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:26:18 +0100, Darac Marjal wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 02:21:49PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 08:17:52 -0500, ntrfug wrote:

>> > Yes, it can.
>> >
>> > It is.
>> >
>> > Exactly the same.
>>
>> Show us, please.
>>
>> I really doubt you get a message pointing to NTFS-G3 or Tuxera website
>> for a volume formatted with ext2 or reiserfs. That would be something
>> worth seeing :-)
>
> I imagine it might be possible to get this behaviour if
> /proc/filesystems is suggesting ntfs-3G ahead of reiserfs and ext2. In
> that case, I can well imagine NTFS-3G borking as above in such a manner
> that it prevents other filesystems from being tried.

(...)

It wouldn't be the first time I see a filesystem (x) being detected and
wanted to be mounted as (y) but that would be a completely different
problem and a corner case, though it can happen.

> ntrfug, could you post your /proc/filesystems here, please?

@ntrfug: I'm still waiting for the requested logs >>;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón