Re: OT: change of mail provider

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 20:24:51 +0000 (UTC)
Walter Hurry <walterhurry@lavabit.com> wrote:

> You might like to try Lavabit. It is free, and I have found it excellent.
> Here is a review:
>
> <http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/gr/lavabit.htm>

+1 for Lavabit; I have a number of accounts with them, and I'm very
happy with the service. There have been one or two outages that I
recall, but on the whole, it Just Works - standards compliant and
reliable.

One annoyance with them is that when sending large messages (multi MB
attachments) via Sylpheed (no idea if this is client related), the
message often hangs at the end of the SMTP conversation - Sylpheed
eventually returns a timeout error, but the message does go through.
[I've annoyed several correspondents by sending them multiple copies of
mail with large attachments, since I was under the impression that the
first ones hadn't gone through.]

Celejar