Re: [OT] Posting styles -- Top vs Bottom

Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 10:19:21 -0400, PMA wrote:

Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:08:19 -0400, Celejar wrote:

(...)

I'm not sure who writes these rules, and what their exact authority
is, but the page itself acknowledges that it does not constitute
"official information", and as others have noted, the official code of
conduct does not specify posting style.

Those "rules" (I prefer to see them as "tips for good guidance") are
written by all of us, people like you or me, that is, people who
participate in the mailing lists.

Should someone wants (again) to open the debate about the proper way of
posting in a mailing list, I'd suggest doing a poll to see what the
majority of the participants have to say about the matter. I will be
more than happy to stick to what the most of the people wants.

Yes, and I'd suggest sending any future new subscriber a direct link to
the rules/tips agreed to -- or even the actual document -- rather than
insulting his intelligence later for not "finding for himself".

Nobody has been insulted :-?
Granted, no-one has screamed.   I saw, BTW, only an unattributed quote,
so don't know whose it was.

I don't know what kind of information a user receives when is subscribed
to the lists because I'm not "subscribed", I just follow them, read and
post (this is an open list, no need for subscription).

Anyway, it's normal for mailing list newcomers to be unaware of these
conventions, that's why I usually "politely" note that html formatted
messages need to be avoided and also top-posting when I see a bad
formatted post.

Worth to remember that common sense is the best of the rules.

Greetings,