Re: [OT] Posting styles -- Top vs Bottom

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 10:19:21 -0400, PMA wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:
>> On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:08:19 -0400, Celejar wrote:

(...)

>>> I'm not sure who writes these rules, and what their exact authority
>>> is, but the page itself acknowledges that it does not constitute
>>> "official information", and as others have noted, the official code of
>>> conduct does not specify posting style.
>>
>> Those "rules" (I prefer to see them as "tips for good guidance") are
>> written by all of us, people like you or me, that is, people who
>> participate in the mailing lists.
>>
>> Should someone wants (again) to open the debate about the proper way of
>> posting in a mailing list, I'd suggest doing a poll to see what the
>> majority of the participants have to say about the matter. I will be
>> more than happy to stick to what the most of the people wants.
>>

> Yes, and I'd suggest sending any future new subscriber a direct link to
> the rules/tips agreed to -- or even the actual document -- rather than
> insulting his intelligence later for not "finding for himself".

Nobody has been insulted :-?

I don't know what kind of information a user receives when is subscribed
to the lists because I'm not "subscribed", I just follow them, read and
post (this is an open list, no need for subscription).

Anyway, it's normal for mailing list newcomers to be unaware of these
conventions, that's why I usually "politely" note that html formatted
messages need to be avoided and also top-posting when I see a bad
formatted post.

Worth to remember that common sense is the best of the rules.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón