Re: How to boot PC-BSD from Debian

On 04/01/2012 08:27 AM, Weaver wrote:
[snip]
I had some trouble with this myself and tried all sorts of things.
Grub2 wouldn't find it.
I tried GAG:

http://gag.sourceforge.net/

...which is very good and detects everything, but would only boot PC-BSD.

The only thing I haven't tried is something somebody suggested had worked
for them on another forum, and that was to downgrade to Grub-Legacy.
Apparently that works.
This I haven't tried, so I give no guarantee.
Regards,

Weaver

I booted FreeBSD from Debian's GRUB2 with no problem, also NetBSD. If you still need the link, let me know.

--
Rares Aioanei