Re: how to increase space for tmpfs /tmp

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 01:36:36 +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Mi, 28 mar 12, 19:57:34, Camaleón wrote:
>>
>> - The upgrade routine asks the user for this change so this is not
>> being applied silently but consciously.
>
> IMVHO an entry in the release notes and NEWS.Debian would be necessary,
> but sufficient.

I don't usually pay much attention to what "NEWS.Debian" says (it depends
on the available time I have) until I have any problem -which means is
too late- but "Release Notes" is a must for anyone installing/upgrading
their systems. It would be nice to have a mention about this setting
there.

Besides, if Debian wants to (or is interested in) promoting this feature,
a few practical samples (use cases) on how to set a good size for tmpfs
will help people to keep this enabled and having a better understanding
on this.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón