Re: Failed to open VDPAU backend for mplayer2.

Good time of the day, Sven.

Thank You for Your time and answer.
You worte:

>> Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
>> system (testing, video ATI X1100)?
>
>You have to build mesa 8.0 or later with "--enable-vdpau" yourself.
>However, it's probably not really worth it, since the mesa drivers
>currently only implement the "P" part of VDPAU, while the more
>interesting "D" part is only possible with the Nvidia blob.
>
>A few weeks ago I tried vdpau with nouveau, and while it works, CPU
>load is not any lower than with other backends.

Besides performance I try to remove CPU 100% while paused on
video file - problem .

Can You prompt me how I can find out the plans on mesa - whither his/her
maintainer would compile his/her package w/ that support -
particularly and any other package of interest in general?

Sthu.