Re: Failed to open VDPAU backend for mplayer2.

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=656719.

> Do You have any idea how I can make use of VDPAU w/ mplayer2 on my
> system (testing, video ATI X1100)?

You have to build mesa 8.0 or later with "--enable-vdpau" yourself.
However, it's probably not really worth it, since the mesa drivers
currently only implement the "P" part of VDPAU, while the more
interesting "D" part is only possible with the Nvidia blob.

A few weeks ago I tried vdpau with nouveau, and while it works, CPU load
is not any lower than with other backends.

Sven