Re: Debian and EFIKA MX Smartbook

On Monday 05 March 2012 12:27:11 Robert Pommrich wrote:
> Is there anybody who owns one and has Debian installed?

I've bought its sibling: the smarttop [1]

> 1. The support of the armhf architecture starts with wheezy. But there
> are no install images, except those on [3], right? When can one expect
> them?

I've tried  armhf-2GB_20111122.img.xz .

> 2. Is the graphic unit fully supported with these install images, that
> is to say, is the xorg-video-imx driver already included?

The video is working. I did not check which driver was used.

> 3. Did I understand it right, that for an installation of Debian, I just
> need to write one of those images to a SD card, put this into the SD
> card slot, turn the device on and drink some coffee?

Yes.

> 3.1 After the installation, upgrading the system will work?

Probably. Except for the kernel. The kernel must be compiled with the correct
options to support the Efika board.

> 4. If it should be not that easy, does the armel distribution of Debian
> work on the device? I guess, then I have to compile the xorg-video-imx
> driver by myself, right?

And the kernel. and create the u-boot image

HTH

Dominique

[1] http://www.genesi-usa.com/products/efika

--