Re: OT: Copying a URL from a text browser (was: Re: text browsers)

[Please, don't top post!]

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 04:56:07PM -0500, Randy Kramer wrote:

> I have lynx installed on my machine, and tried a quick look at it, but is not
> immediately obvious how to get the URL for a link.

Start lynx, press 'o'
The options menu will appear.
Press the 'down arrow' until you get to the 'User mode' option just
under 'General Preferences'. (The novice option is probably displayed.)
Press the 'Return key' and select the 'Advanced' option using the 'down
arrow' key.
Press 'Return' (Advanced should be displayed, instead of novice.)

Now press the 'up arrow' until you get to the 'Save options to disk' check box.
Press 'Return' (An 'X' will appear) then press the 'up arrow' until
'Accept Changes' is highlighted.
Press 'Return'.

You should now see the URL for a link displayed along the bottom of the
screen.

   -- Napoleon Bonaparte