Re: Desktop icons missing

On 03/03/12 03:42 PM, Charles Krinke wrote:

Thank you very much for working with me. I was able to run "nautilus
-n", logoug and log back in. I was also able to run gconf-editor and
find "apps/nautilus/preferences", but in there there are five settings
and none is "show desktop". Although I can see things that relate to
the desktop such as "desktop_font", there is no "show desktop".

Well that is strange, there are about 15 preferences to set in my gconf-editor..including show_desktop.

I did create the key "show_desktop" and set it. But upon logging out
and back in, there is still no desktop.

There obviously is something missing in your installation but I don't know what it (they) is (are?)

Perhaps there is one more step?

  Not that I know of.

--
Cheers