Re: USB keyboard is not detected when debian-DVD booting starts

Hi,
after hours of struggling, i found the problem, the BIOS settings does not allow usb mouse/keyboard enabled by default.  when enabled keyboard works. But i dont know how 'windows 7' overcomes this problem. Anyway Bob, i appreciate your response. i will be happy that if someone finds this message useful. thanks Bob.

--
Ram.

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 1:40 AM, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
ramasamy t wrote:
> I have a problem with usb-keyboard while installing the debian squeeze. I
> mean the key board is not detected after DVD booting starts, so the screen
> keeps waiting for input from user to press 'install' in the first GUI that
> appears from DVD
>
> I am trying to install debian squeeze using debian-64bit-amd DVD-1 iso to
> my new intel atom board (GA-D425TUD) having intel atom D425 processor.
>
> I tried:
> with different ports of back panel of the board
> different usb 2.0 keyboards and also ps2 based keyboards

I think your DVD download must have been corrupted.  Because if
*neither* the usb nor the ps2 keyboard is working then it is something
seriously wrong.  I would download the very small "netinst" image and
try it.  Since that is a small image it can download quickly and
shouldn't be much trouble to try.  If that works then you know your
DVD image is the problem.

Just to be clear the installer is wanting you to use the Up and Down
cursor keys and then the Enter key.  No mouse input is used for the
text installer.

Alternatively there is a graphical installer that wants mouse input.
But I haven't ever used it.

Bob