Re: Where's my tap to click?

Am Donnerstag, 1. März 2012 schrieb Ashton Fagg:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Dell Latitude E6410 running Squeeze + backports. I've
> recently upgraded to 3.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64 as it supports my hardware
> better than the stock kernel. However for some reason I've lost my
> ability to tap my touchpad and have it issue a left click. I can't
> seem to find a setting for this anywhere. It is an ALPS touchpad.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
> Ashton

Hi Ashton,
maybe something is overwritten. Take a look at
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf
and search for the entry ->>   Option "TapButton1"  "1" and
Option "TapButton2" "2".

If  they miss, just add them and restart X, This file might be overwritten at
next update. I still found no way, to preserve my own settings, so I just made
a backup and copy it over after an update.

Maybe someone else knows, how to preserve the settings in this file during an
update.

Good luck!

Hans